Thursday, September 24, 2009

National Sewing Month

My fall sewing is on hold until I get thru the ASG craft fair sewing & new alterations that came in. I'm trying to figure out a plan to be able to sew for me as well as keep up with ASG projects & my sewing ministry. The last two weeks have been stressful for me & I have not been able to have any time to sew. I need to be sewing so I can relax. Anyway, I've thought that maybe I can try sewing ASG items on Mondays & Wednesdays; items for church members on Tuesdays & Thursdays & then sew for me on Fridays & Saturdays. I'm hoping that this will work for me.

I did finish knitting a third prayer shawl while waiting in doctors' offices but forgot to take a photo of it.

This is National Sewing Month & I haven't been sewing. However, the United Methodist Neighborhood Center near where I live has a program to provide Refugee Economic Independence for refugees coming from all over the world. They offer a sewing program & was in need of supplies. Therefore, I sent an email to my sewing friends & asked for donations. Boy, did they respond. On Monday, I was able to take 2 large boxes of fabric & notions, 7 large trash bags of fabric,some sewing books & magazines plus a sewing machine. Since Monday, I have 2 more sewing machines & another couple of bags of fabric to donate plus thread, scissors & notions. It is a wonderful feeling to be able to help others to be able to sew. Tonight, I'm off to see Peggy Sagers again & shop some more. Happy Sewing!
Marty

1 comment:

Tee said...

The dress turned out nicely. First time visiting your blog.