Friday, February 11, 2011

Winter Sewing


On Tuesday evenings, I'm teaching a sewing class called "Return to Sewing". The class is designed for those who want to learn to sew & those who want to brush up on their sewing skills. I'm a firm believer that if no one tells you that you cannot do something, then you will be able to do it. That's why I chose Simplicity pattern #2447 for our project. The pattern incorporates a lot of details like set in sleeves, plackets, yokes, pleats, collar & neckband. I have about 3 students in my class & so far we've taken measurements & cut out the pattern pieces. We will cut fabric at our next session. I love to teach sewing. While I'm not perfect or an expert by any means, I share my passion for needle, thread & fabrics with others. There are no fees for my classes & I ask the students to make a donation to their favorite charity or the church if they are able. My question to you is what do you do to share your love of sewing with others?

3 comments:

Belinda said...

Hi Marty! I'm also teaching a beginning sewing class. Our class is a little more simplistic though since it has no sleeves. Have fun with it!

Lori said...

Marty, nice job with the teaching and the fee donated to charity (wonderful idea). I have been teaching sewing to 6th graders at youth group through my church. Making pj pants.

webbsway said...

Marty, you are just my kinda gal! Keep up the good job ! :)