Saturday, May 7, 2011

Another Machine

This week another sewing machine followed me home. It is a Singer Stylist 834 in need of some TLC. I was at church with my sewing group & when I was leaving one of the staff members told me that she brought me a machine. It was given to her by one of her friends but she didn't want it. The machine is missing a power cord & foot pedal but that can easily be replaced. I have ordered a manual for it & plan to clean it up & get it running again. I love tinkering with old machines & wish that I had more space. After all, I only have 7 machines now including one that belongs to my daughter. I've already given several sewing machines that I fixed up to the United Methodist Neighborhood Group for their Refugee Assistance program. They teach refugees to sew & provide an opportunity for them to have machines to use to make clothing for their families. I really like this little machine & may keep it unless I come across someone who really needs one. Do machines follow you home? If so, what do you do with them? Inquiring minds want to know.

No comments: