Monday, January 5, 2009

Farewell 2008 ... Welcome 2009

Happy New Year everyone. The first week of 2009 is almost over and I keep wondering where the time went. For Christmas, I did a flurry of sewing projects - pillowcases, ornaments, baby bibs, pillows, napkins, etc not to mention some embroidery projects. DH surprised me with the Embird Software w/Iconizer so I hope in 2009 to do more projects with embroidery. Since I seldom make resolutions (as I never keep them anyway) I won't bore you with my goals for this new year. I am thankful for my health, my family and my sewing ministry.

Over Christmas, my youngest sister came for a few days with her family. We enjoyed our time together which is always way too short. We got to meet our niece's fiance and hear all about her wedding plans. While I won't be able to attend her wedding for health reasons, I am happy to share in her joy and excitement. The wedding is over Memorial Day weekend. DH & DD will go to Orlando for the big event and I'll get a DVD of the ceremony. I love that she has created a website to keep family and friends updated on her plans as they are finalized. http://www.mywedding.com offers a lot of options for building a site.

To add to our joy, my younger brother, Steve, and his lovely wife, Theresa, had a healthy baby girl named Heidi Elizabeth on December 12th. Of course, I had to come up with special gifts for this precious little one. That's 2 boxes of gifts off in the mail for them. Big sis, Savannah, is so excited over her new little sister.

All in all, the future looks bright. Happy Sewing!

No comments: