Tuesday, March 24, 2009

38 Years & Holding On ...

Last Friday, DH & I celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary with dinner at our favorite steakhouse. As we talked (amid the chaos), I reflected on just how special my life is. I am so blessed in many ways. Who would have thought that the skinny, scared 17 yr old, out on her own & alone for the first time in New Orleans, would grow to become a confident adult with a loving husband who has grown with her thru the years. Being married takes a lot of work, a lot of give & take, & sacrifice. Thru it all, my love & respect for my husband has grown immensely. I can honestly say that I love him more today than on our wedding day. How lucky can a gal be.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, you two!

gwensews said...

Congratulations-to both of you! And wishes for many more wonderful years together!

Mom2fur said...

Happy Anniversary! It sounds like you do have a sweet life with your sweetie!

homegrownsongwritersalabama said...

Congratulations, Marty!

Lori said...

Happy Anniversary.

Mary DeMong said...

I hope you have many more years of blissful marriage!