Sunday, June 6, 2010

Clothing Repairs

I promise that I did not drop off of the face of the earth. I have been busy doing clothing repairs for my church members. During the past 2 months, I shortened a dress 3-1/2 inches & hemmed it & the lining. I replaced bra straps on a bra, fixed a bra with a broken ring, & repaired holes in a sweater for a child by sewing the hole closed & adding an applique to cover it. I ended up sewing a seam in another sweater & fixing some of the holes in it plus hemmed a skirt. I then added buttons to 3 pairs of pants for a child. When those things were finished, I shortened 5 pairs of men's slacks 4-5 inches, finished the edges, & hemmed them. I also cut out a top for me & worked on another top plus a dress that I had started a long while back. Today, I got a bag full of summer clothes to mend. That will keep me busy for a while. I also have taught several classes for my ASG chapter & now have a young lady who asked me to teach her to sew. We will start her lessons on Tuesday afternoon. It's been a busy time. God has blessed me in so many ways that I want to give back to others so I do the clothing repairs in exchange for a donation to the church. It's a win-win situation. Happy Sewing everyone!

No comments: