Saturday, July 31, 2010
My New Top
This is my new top that I made this afternoon/evening. I had cut it out in June & had set it aside. It is kind of weird since the front is cut on the bias & the back is on the straight of grain. The front has 3 pleats on each side of the cowl neckline & gathers across the middle back. The yoke on the back is fully lined but the armhole openings, front neckline, & hem are just folded over & stitched. The pattern was rated easy but the instructions were somewhat wonky so I just made it my way. The fabric is poly/lycra jersey from Jo-Ann Fabrics. My daughter liked it but hubby thought it was too snug. Maybe it would have fit a little better if I had used a 16 from the armholes down. I made it by straight size 14. All in all, I think it will be a cute top for these hot summer days.