Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Early Birthday Gift

My birthday is in 2 weeks but yesterday my gift arrived. My sweet hubby bought me the Babylock Ellisimo sewing/embroidery machine. Sadly, I gave up my Pfaff 7570, the manuals, the attachments, embroidery cards, etc. However, this machine is awesome. If you haven't had a chance to test drive one, I urge you to do so. I was mesmerized by it & that is how my hubby knew that it was the right for me. I had told him that I wanted a new serger for classes as my Pfaff 4874 is too heavy to lift. I had looked at some of the Babylock sergers & the Janome ones. I was thinking that he would get me one from Hancock Fabrics. Well, last Saturday, my friend, Harriet, called & told me about a deal from Babylock. If one bought the Ellisimo, then one could get an Eclipse DX as part of the package. I told my hubby this & he just nodded in his usual way when he is half listening to me. Never in my wildest dreams that I would get this. Later on, we went to Cokesbury bookstore & bought a new Wesley Study Bible plus another book that we wanted. As we were leaving,hubby asked if I wanted to go to Memphis Sewing Machine (Singer/Babylock/Pfaff dealer) & of course I said yes. He asked me to show him the machines that I was interested in & the one Harriet had told me about. Well, I showed him & played with the machines. I thanked the staff & we went home. We talked about it over the rest of the weekend. On Monday, he told me to go see what type of trade-in I could get for my Pfaff. So off to the dealer I went. I called hubby after talking to the owner & he came over to the store & bought me the Ellisimo which came with the Eclipse DX serger (has auto-threading). I am so happy. The machine is just awesome & can do so very much. I am still reeling from all of this & my new "Ellie" is sitting on my sewing cabinet for all to see when they come in the front door. By the way, I sew in the living room as we have no space for sewing room. I think I have the sweetest hubby in the world & he knows how to spoil me the best. In a few days, I'll post photos of "Ellie" in action. Happy Sewing!!!

No comments: