Monday, July 21, 2008

A Good Sewing Day

Today was a good sewing day for me. Went to our ASG meeting this morning and we celebrated the 5th anniversary of when our chapter was chartered - July 29, 2003 is the actual date. We had a lot of business to discuss as we heard reports from the nomination committee on new officers to be elected, reports from the ASG convention, presentation of certificate to a member, and show & tell. By the time we were ready to sew, an hour had already passed. Our program was to make a Holiday Table Runner. Now, I am totally a dork when it comes to Home Decor sewing or quilting. This project involves both. I pressed my fabric, got out my scissors and 8 inch ruler to cut the pieces needed. One of our members took pity on me as she watched me struggle. So she showed me how to use a rotary cutter and mat. Fortunately, she had the proper size ruler and then quickly had all of my pieces cut out before I could finish setting up my machine. What a great friend!!! Now, all of my pieces are ready to put together. Now, I just have to finish sewing it up, add the batting, buy some welting cord for trim and put on the backing. Then voila, my first table runner. Maybe it won't become another UFO. Ya think???

No comments: