Sunday, July 27, 2008

Mama Mia

That's what my daughter called me this weekend. She came home from the camp where she works for one night so we could go to the movies to see this movie. It was hilarious and we laughed our heads off. My hubby thought there was a wee bit of "men bashing" going on but he laughed with us. Meryl Streep did an outstanding job in this film as did Pierce Brosnan and Colin Firth. Cannot remember the other actresses and actors names. However, over all, it was a good movie. Since I seldom go to movies, it was a special family event. The costumes were outrageous and the scenary gorgeous. My legs ached as I watched the characters climb up all those steps on that Greek Island to the little church. I certainly could not do that and it wasn't wheelchair friendly. Just getting to the theater in my wheelchair was like going thru an obstacle course.

Before our fun family night, I spent Saturday morning at our ASG neighborhood group meeting. Our program was to cut baby bibs for the upcoming craft fair fundraiser. I got 12 bibs cut and then spent some time cutting out 2 pairs of pants for me. Hopefully, I'll get those sewn this week along with the bibs. I do need to pick up some bias tape for the bibs so will make a run to Hancock Fabrics soon. While skimming thru Target.com, I found some sewing books that just had to follow me home. I love collecting sewing books and have more than my bookcase can hold. Being the good listener that I am, I ordered 3 more books. They are the Reader's Digest's "New Complete Guide to Sewing", "Fit Patterns with Confidence" by Nancy Zieman, and "The Complete Book of Sewing Shortcuts" by Claire Schaeffer. This will give me some new reading material for those days I'm confined to bed rest. So, what do you like to read?

No comments: