Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Shopping

Yes, I went shopping today at Hancock Fabrics. I wanted some fusible quilt batting to make some more baby bibs for our upcoming ASG craft fair in November. We have a workshop scheduled this week. I found some beautiful challis tone on tone fabrics which would make great blouses but I passed on it. I try not to buy or make anything that requires dry cleaning and this fabric did. I'll think on it and maybe it will still be there in a few weeks. I can always hope. I did buy 2 Simplicity patterns #8523 and #4881 which will be the basis for some new basics. With the top, I can add embroidery or embellish. With the skirt, there is a choice of lengths plus I love skirts with drape and panels as they are very flattering. Since I need some clothes that fit in a hurry, these were my choices. I do love buying smaller patterns. Along with the patterns, I also stocked up on some notions like stay-tape, wonder-tape, and a new seam ripper, etc. All in all, it was a pleasant afternoon. I ran into several people I knew and enjoyed the outing. Oh, by the way, everything was on sale and I spent less than $20. Love Labor Day shopping!

No comments: