Friday, August 8, 2008

Quilting ???

In sewing baby bibs for our upcoming ASG fundraiser, I thought they needed a little pizazz so I decided to try to quilt them. It's my first time trying to quilt. Used some fusible batting and started with some decorative stitches - a flower design with zigzag stitches in between the rows. Took 1-1/2 hours to finish one baby bib. So today, I thought that I would try a stippling stitch, after all, how hard could it be. Well ... 3 hours later I'm still trying to stipple this one bib. Of course, it doesn't help when the phone rings, people come to the door, and life gets in the way. I'm determined to finish this tonight. Hopefully, the other 7 bibs will go quicker. I feel as if I'm in school writing "I will not talk in class" 100+ times. I don't think I'm "quilter material". Do you have any projects which bog you down? If so, please tell me about them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just dropped in from the Creative Machine Yahoo Group and wanted to say hello, Marty! I think I will always be more of a garment and home dec sewer than a quilter. I hope you have been able to finish the other bibs. They sound lovely--would love to see photos!