Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Sunday Afternoon

One of the nicest times of the day to go shopping is late Sunday afternoon. Most of the crowds are gone, employees are looking forward to going home so they are extra helpful, and one can still take advantage of those great sales. This afternoon I went shopping at Hancock Fabrics. I bought several Vogue patterns, some McCall patterns and a New Look pattern. Will post photos later. Took advantage of the sale on notions and stocked up on hand sewing needles, needle threaders, cones of serger thread, embroidery floss, etc. On top of these goodies, I bought 3 yards of an eggplant colored poly-gabardine-rayon and 2 yards of a turquoise matte jersey. I am very pleased with my purchases and hope to get to sewing on these items real soon. When is your favorite time to shop?

No comments: